Use of Time/Time Dimensions

Hello fellow Prophix Users! I am looking into a project for my company, and we would like to use our Time or Time Dimensions by Week or by Day. Currently, we only use: Base, QTD, and YTD. Has anyone successfully set the up the time dimensions to show by Week or Day? Struggling a bit! Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Hi Angel! Can you confirm if you are speaking about the Time and Time Perspective dimensions? It sounds like you are speaking about the Time Perspective dimension when you mention you have Base (which is MTD usually), QTD and YTD time perspectives. However, the Time dimension is a separate dimension. Is your time dimension structured with the actual months (April 2020, May 2020, June 2020, etc.)?

While it is possible to have a cube structured with Weeks or Days as a member of the Time dimension, it is not possible to change this after the cube has been built. Changing the structure of a dimension such as the time dimension would require a cube re-build (which would involve rebuilding any created templates as well to include the new time dimension members). That said, we do have some customers who utilize weekly and daily models from their original implementations of Prophix.

You may want to speak to a Prophix team member as well regarding why you would like to implement a change to a weekly or daily model - we can offer you more insight and best practices regarding what requirements you would need to support a more detailed model like that!

1 Like

Hi Sally! I reached out in Prophix Support, and they have set me up with a Professional Services tech to assist. The issue is that our cube is already built, so as you stated we cannot change to Weeks or Days. Hopefully we can determine a work-around! Thanks!

3 Likes