Total Column on Report with Unique Combination

I am fairly new to Prophix - still learning the basics.

I have a report that has Jan-Oct actuals columns and then budget for November & December. How do I create a total column? When I created a total column in my report design, it wasn’t calculating a total for all of my account line items - just for the row I can see in the design (which is my account category) . My accounts are set at leaf descendents, so a report design formula doesn’t seem to be the solution. How do I get the total to calculate for all of my accounts that appear on a given selection? Is there a better/easier way to create the total? Thank you for your help.

Hi Nicole,

If i understood your issue, seems like the column you created is outside of the data view. Since the row dimension member is a dynamic member (account’s leaf desc), a regular column does not recognize that the member is a dynamic member, and hence only shows you the value of the first row. If this is the issue, right click on the last column within the data view (i.e. the budget columns), and select insert->column to the right, and enter your formula in this cell. Try this out and pls let me know if this solves it.

Cheers,
Navin

Hi Navin - thank you for your reply. What you suggested worked for my report! Thank you!

1 Like

That’s great to hear, Nicole. You’re most welcome. Cheers!

1 Like