Success At A Different Level

I have been a fan of Prophix from the start and want to share some thoughts on my “success” story with this FPA.

A little about myself, I’m a mom to 3 boys (18, 16, & 6) and my hobby for the last 18 years have been my boys. Enough said? Just kidding! I love our little excursions with my boys in sunny California and sometimes Hawaii. The picture of us below is in the waters of Emerald Bay at beautiful Lake Tahoe. For downtime, I can sit for hours with puzzles and strategy games with my boys.

I work for Educational Media Foundation, we are a nonprofit Christian media ministry based in Rocklin, California, a suburb of Sacramento. Our ministry has been using Prophix for 10 years now. We even started our personnel planning budget using P3, does anyone remember that module? We transitioned over to DPM fairly quickly after a year or so, but we remained with our on-premise Prophix system until just the beginning of this year. We have about 50 users now and have had nothing but positive feedback about the cloud instance we’re on.

For me personally, I took to Prophix from the very beginning. I attribute that mostly to how I was able to have almost total control over the application setups and template/report creation. Having come into this finance world with a double concentration in accounting and information systems, it felt SO free to finally be able to utilize the more technical side of my brain to develop and “play around” in Prophix without having to run everything by our technology team.

Prophix to me is very transparent. Once I understood how the data is structured, the rest is up to me on how I’d like to use that data.

I have found DPM to be invaluable when it comes to manipulating information with all the calculation options. We currently have 4 active DPM cubes, Personnel, CapEx, LTD, and even one for year-end 990 Functional Expense Allocations. The Personnel cube is used for more than just budgeting headcounts, I use it to track prepay employer health savings funding to the employees and report on the monthly amortization of that prepay. I hope to develop a 5th in the next year or so for our donation revenue budget model.

Also, with the ability to easily push data from one cube to another, I can compile all the data I need to report from a specific cube. As such, I have been able to create bank debt compliance certificates easily from one cube with ratios using both P&L and Balance Sheet data. Our quarterly process for that is now simply updating one time parameter in the Prophix report, print and sign. I’m sure there are many other features of Prophix that I have not tapped into. I am very excited for our next stage of development with this application.

Prophix has helped me to streamline many of my processes thus far and given me more time to devote to our budget managers’ one-off needs and requests. This is where I see Prophix as having helped me with my “success”. Success defined for me is not in the title, I’m still a “Sr Financial Analyst”. I absolutely love what I currently do at this ministry and I have enough “managing” at home to do already. But Prophix enabled me to be a leader in working closely with upper management and gaining their trust in providing them with data and reports pertinent to their success. I can get them the information they need in a timely manner and have confidence that it is accurate and presentable from Prophix. That to me is success on my part.

1 Like

That’s a great story. Thank you for sharing, Julie. Have you been able to use any of our recent AI capabilities in your analysis? Curious to know.

1 Like

Great story. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Navin. No, I have not had a chance to look into utilizing the AI capabilities. Our company is currently expanding quite a bit into different media streams and I’ve been busy trying to keep up with that. I look forward to one day exploring that realm of Prophix though. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks Imtiaz. My pleasure!

Thanks for sharing your story and to see your success in life all around. DPM is something we’re considering implementing in the near future for headcount planning and G&A allocations. It’s appealing to hear the success you’ve had with it and your aspirations to do more.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing with us, happy to hear of your success!

2 Likes

Good morning!! You mentioned that you have a CapEx cube. What do you do with this cube? Does it involve project tracking or Fixed Asset accounting?

2 Likes

Love hearing how other customers are utilizing Prophix!

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing, Julie! Wishing you and your company the best!

2 Likes

This is a new tool for me that I’m excited to start using. I have seen what it is capable of by watching our CFO use it for the past few years and soon I will be taking over some of that reporting from him.

2 Likes

Hi Amanda. We’re using our CapEx cube to budget new projects, calculate projected depreciation of these new projects, as well as track project expenditures against budget. Our ERP system is currently doing the actual tedious fixed asset accounting work.

2 Likes

I am excited for you as well April. I’m certain you’ll be able to come up with some innovative ways to present your data with Prophix! As my boys would say, you got this!

1 Like

Great Story Julie! I’m glad you found Prophix to be such a valuable tool. I too have enjoyed working with Prophix for many years. Nice to meet you!

2 Likes

I love hearing other people’s stories!

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing!!

2 Likes

Nice meeting you, Julie. Sounds like we have a lot in common! I too have three boys and am quite satisfied being a Sr Financial Analyst…that uses Prophix to build relationships, trust, and assist management, not join them! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing Julie!
I have also loved being able to build my own reports and cube structures without having to run it by IT. It’s freeing to be able to play around and find new ways to automate my processes.
Thanks!

1 Like

Totally with you! And it looks like you also work for a great cause, too! It’s very nice to meet you Donna!

2 Likes

My pleasure Jessica! Learn by doing is our motto, right? :slight_smile:

2 Likes