Retrieving Data from NISC/ABS

I am new to Prophix and getting ready to start implementation in January. I am trying to find anyone that uses NISC (ABS module) as their ERP. The issue is how to get balance sheet into Prophix. NISC does not store LTD balances each month, it is calculated each time a BS report is run. Thanks for any help.

Michael,

We @ CEMC use NISC’s ABS and Prophix. There is a SQL function in the ABS database “FN_GL_BAL()” which can pull in the GL Balance for any GL Account. It operates much like an Excel function in that you provide it the following parameters and it outputs the balance:

GL Division | GL Account # | Accounting Period | and options from ‘P’ for PTD, ‘Y’ for YTD, or ‘B’ for Beginning Balance.

We import that SQL into Prophix on a nightly basis via Prophix’s Process Manager.

2 Likes

Thank you for offering this advice, @brad.taylor. We really appreciate it!

Brad,
Thanks so much for the information. We will certainly look into that SQL function and hope we get the desired results. I hope I can repay you the favor someday.

Michael

1 Like

@michael.curley and @brad.taylor, if we set up a Red Carpet discussion group exclusively for electric cooperative customers, would you be interested in participating? We have begun to form industry-specific groups like this on Red Carpet. The success always hinges on the involvement of the customers like yourselves.

Sure, that would be great.

Thanks, Michael. I’ll look to set this up early in 2021.