Prophix Analyzer

Our company will be utilizing Prophix Analyzer soon and was wondering if anyone knew how “comments” work within Analyzer? I understand how you can manipulate data views, etc. within Excel but specifically wondering about “comments”. Do you have the ability to enter comments in Excel and have them push to Prophix, other users, etc.?

Thanks!

Sorry Josh, my response isn’t going to be much help to you, other than to add my backing to your question. We’ve been heavy Prophix for Excel users for several years and with the conversion to the cloud (365 does not support P4E), we’ve been told we can accomplish many of the same capabilities with Excel Analyzer and Contributor. I’m still waiting for the opportunity to learn more about these offerings. We don’t use P4E to transfer comments and I’m not sure if it’s possible, but I’d love to hear the answer to your question to know if Analyzer would support that!

I am not aware that this is possible. Can’t wait to hear though!

Hi Josh @josh.olson ,

If I understood your question right, then the answer is Contributor.

Prophix Analyzer allows you to view data (think of it as a read-only option in Ad Hoc Analysis). To enter data, you would need Prophix Contributor. Said differently, Analyzer lets you pull data out of Prophix, and Contributor lets you push data back to Prophix.

Hope this helps,
Navin

Does the contributor allow comments to be passed as well?

@imtiaz.qureshi
My understanding is yes you can add row notes. There’s more information at the following link
https://help.prophix.cloud/Content/add_ins/wc_pc.htm?Highlight=contributor

Prophix Contributor is an add-in for Microsoft Excel that allows you to participate in the Prophix budgeting process as follows:

• Open and complete your Prophix Workflow Tasks in Excel
  • Open Prophix workflow templates in Excel
  • Save an Excel workbook to work on offline
  • Integrate workflow templates into your existing Excel workbooks
  • View, edit, and save Row Notes
3 Likes

Dear Josh,

You can add comments in offline template and the will be uploaded to excel. The comments will be visible on Prophix Template.

Regards,

2 Likes