Payroll Reporting for Unions?

Hello everyone! At my company, we are new Prophix customers also going through an ERP implementation to Viewpoint Vista. We are in the construction industry and work with a lot of unions. And I need your brains when it comes to payroll reporting to these unions!

Different unions require different information, and we really want to automate these reports (in our legacy system, things just had to be compiled in Excel.) Any tips on cube dimensions/attributes, report design, or other things that might help us succeed? I’ll even take horror stories so we know what NOT to do! Haha.

Hello Raychel,

We also have Union payroll with various unions and use Spectrum/Viewpoint. Viewpoint give access to the SQL DB. I made custom queries and then modeled the data in an analytic tool, Alteryx where I can schedule and automate the reports each month. I did not try to do this in Prophix but i should be capable to do so. I think you have to start with modeling the data how you need it.

3 Likes

Hi Raychel,

I’ve seen a few Prophix customers use a Detailed Planning Model for their personnel planning. Detailed Planning Models allow for you to store detailed data at the employee level, such as which unions a particular individual belongs to.

I’ve helped Prophix users set up Lookup calculations in DPM for union fees for example. You can input which union has what fees (it also has the ability to store different rates for different time periods, in case a union fee increases between years), and the calculation will know which union fee to use based off of the Employee Attribute that indicates which union they’re a part of. Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Hi, Raychel,

We have employees across multiple different unions in the construction industry, and we use Viewpoint for all of the payrolls. While we are not currently using Prophix to prepare the required union reporting, I can definitely hook you up with a contact at our company who might be able to give you some helpful tips.

Not sure how to share contact info on here??

Happy to help,
Tracy

3 Likes

Hi @Inactive-Member-23724705 I think DPM can help with your requirement. One way i think you can do that is by having different scenarions for different unions, that way in each scenario you can have separate set of emoployees.

1 Like