P&L CY to PY % Net Sales

Hello! I am trying to design a P&L that includes a calculation for % of Net Revenue for each account. I would like to create this through a calculated named set within the time dimension (or another dimension outside of the account dimension) so that it will be dynamic based on what is in the pages and the rows. I also would like to design it this way in order to make it so that there are no manual calculations on the report itself. I am hoping someone has a similar P&L with this and can assist me with designing ours. Any and all help will be appreciated!

(Below is an example of what I am looking for, where the % Net Sales will populate for each row, but if there is no data in the row, it will suppress that row)

Hello. You will want to create a variance version. You can create a $ variance and a % variance.

With this, you will use the CY and PY versions in the calculation for the variances.

As I reread your question, you would want a calculated account for the % of net sales and whatnot. That it easy to do. It wouldn’t be a named set, instead of would be a calculated stat acct.

Does that make sense?

1 Like

I was thinking something similar. Combination of special accounts and versions. Not necessarily a named set. It’s the interactions between the different elements that makes it dynamic based on selected members.

Are you referring to a calculated member within the Account dimension? I am already using the Account dimension in my rows and I need the % Net Sales calculation to be in the columns. I am just not sure how to bring in the Net Sales amount into the calculated field if I am not using the Account Dimension. (I am not at all familiar with MDX and do not know what it is capable of).