Formatting Graphs

I’m a new user to Prophix and am trying to format some graphs. Has anyone found a way to 1) show the data label inside a column with a vertical orientation and 2) show data labels on some data series but not all?

I haven’t found a way to do those.

Both of those options are available in Excel - Might be an excellent suggestion for the Feedback forum (http://feedback.prophix.com/forums/92709-prophix-product-feedback-forum)

1 Like

I haven’t played with graphs yet but I’m looking forward to trying out and hearing the answer on this one!

I’ve only been able to do that in Excel. You can attach your Excel file to a report binder but that’s about all I know

1 Like

Yeh, there’s definitely more flexibility in Excel for graphs at this point. For super fancy graphs I’ll create a data view that I can just paste into an excel tab every period and then let it do the work of re-generating all the graphs.

2 Likes

Are you on SmartClient or WebClient? If SmartClient, there are more features. I’ll take tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I haven’t found an answer to those two question. My organization likes the graphs to be cleaner and then include an Ad Hoc at the bottom with the data. I make the ad hoc look very nice and professional. This appeases the leaders who are more visual and the leaders who need the data.

1 Like

Thanks Shan, I’m on the Cloud version.

We have several features in our reporting (like graphs and some intense models) that are possible to build in Prophix, but ultimately may not be worth the effort. We bridge the gap using Prophix for Excel. We take advantage of Prophix’s strengths to get the data organized in just the right way and then at a button push can feed it to Excel where it can remain linked to automatically update graphs, waterfall models, etc. with the wider range of formatting options

3 Likes

Thanks, will look into that option, would be nice to do it all in Prophix though

3 Likes

I haven’t played around with graphs but am interested to hear the answer to this!

haven’t found a way to do what you’re asking yet. Prophix can make good graphs and has been suitable for our needs, but isn’t excel and so can’t do all of the fancy features that excel does. I opt to not do fancy…but if I have to do fancy I’ll use a prophix data view and drop the data into excel to get the graph.

2 Likes

I completely agree!!

Great suggestion, Tim. Our Product Planning team regularly monitors the Feedback Forum and majority of our new functionality comes directly from customer requests. I highly recommend checking the Feedback Forum regularly to put in your own requests, but also vote on others! The higher the number of votes, the more likely our Product team will pay attention to it.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I m in the same boat as many on the comments and haven’t played much with the graphs.

1 Like