Drill Across and Reporting

Hi Everyone,

We’re currently trying to fine tune our implementation of Prophix for July 2021, the start of our new fiscal year. In order to make this system change as painless as possible to our non-finance users, we’re basing our reporting off our current budget vs actuals report that we generate from Management Reporter.

This currently includes a section of YTD transactions at the account level, since they don’t have direct access to Microsoft GP. Is there any way to replicate this in a report that can be added to our report binder for distribution? I’ve been reading up on drill across, but I don’t see any to export/print the drill across transactions as a group which could be added to a report binder. Any thoughts on solutions?

Hi Angelique, @angelique.wurpel

As you’ve rightly pointed out, there is no systematic way of including a dynamic report for transactional level info, to a report binder, since the data is not stored in Prophix. I would assume here that the data in the Cube in your Prophix instance is aggregated at the monthly level (i.e. lowest time member is a month). If that’s a case, what you can do (as an alternate) is to save down the Drill Across info as an Excel, upload it into Prophix (Document Explorer) and add this file to your Report Binder. Said differently, you can include files in your Report Binder that are outside of your templates. For instance, you can even attach a word doc that has an executive summary that can serve as a cover page for a report binder. Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Navin

1 Like

Do the directors have access to prophix? If so, I would send the report binders along with information on how to access their drill across data within prophix. Drill across is one of the easiest features to use!

2 Likes

@angelique.wurpel This is functionality I think is missing from Prophix as well. We used to have our budget owners review their transactions monthly to identify items that might be missing or miscoded, but we have not found a way to automate that process out of Prophix, so we have lost a valuable tool by making the switch because manually downloading the transactions is an extra step that doesn’t always get completed.

If you add this to the suggestions in the feedback forum, I would definitely vote for it!!

3 Likes