Celebrate Black History Month

I plan to watch a movie about black history and support a locally owned black business.

1 Like

Bob Marley and Peter Tosh in the 70’s Juluka (Scatterlings) King Sunny Ade and Black Uhuru in the 80’s then it was Youssou N’Dour in the 90’s, however, the item of interest is Fela Kuti and his band Africa '70 it is his 1971 Live album with Ginger Baker (Cream) very nice … and currently exploring the Cuban rhythms of Buena Vista Social Club. Enjoy!
And the best movie portraying a different point of view of NASA in the 60’s: Hidden Figures very good movie for the historical reminder of the success being a team effort.

1 Like

Must Read Books:

The Invisible Man : Ralph Ellision
All Tony Morrison Books - My favorite: Song Of Solomon.

1 Like

Django Unchained is my favorite too.

1 Like

@raymond.weigand what a list! Impeccable taste in music :smiley:
Hidden Figures was a great one too Taraji P Hensen and Octavia Spencer at their best can always reduce me to tears

1 Like

Great post! thanks for sharing this!

1 Like

Definitely a top 5 movie!

1 Like

Ackee and rice and beans

Lots of good nuggets here. Thank you for sharing…

1 Like

Good and fun information here. Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Need to watch Just Mercy…

1 Like

I ALWAYS enjoy Remember The Titans. Every now and then Shrimp & Grits and Salty Cornbread are really good if done right.

2 Likes

@navin.sadarangani.1 YES! :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Cajun spiced shrimp and cheesy grits

1 Like

@susan.peck that sounds delicious! It’s interesting… we actually don’t have any restaurants serving grits around the the Toronto area :woozy_face:
It wasn’t until I moved to Indiana for a bit that I actually tried them for the first time. So simple, but so so good!

1 Like

I grew up with them but never much thought they were something I would miss until I moved “north” here in the states (Pennsylvania, Maryland and now Delaware) and I don’t see them as much. So now I make them as a treat. My brother lives in Louisiana so he makes them a LOT.

1 Like

I had to try Ackee when we went to Jamaica and really enjoyed it

1 Like

Great info on the movie list!! I watched and liked movie Green Book & it is inspired by true story.

1 Like