Budget Versions

Can a Version be copied in it’s entirety, including all of the data associated with it? I have done one pass of our budget for next year and would like to save that as a separate Version and continue working on the budget.

Hello Stephen,

You can use infoflex process to move information from one version to another.

Regards,

Bilal

3 Likes

Thanks, are there any instructions on how to do that?

1 Like

Not sure if you use row notes, but those do not copy over.
You can copy over the line item schedules and comments, though!

1 Like

Create a new version with the same parameters as your budget.

All of the leaf levels of your dimensions will be the same between the two versions (2nd tab of the infoflex I think).

In the third tab, choose your current budget version for the version that you are transferring from. Below that choose your new version. Make sure that the box to clear data from your budget version isn’t checked.

This is all from memory (not sitting in front of my computer) so if you still need help tomorrow let me know!

2 Likes

Hi Stephen, in addition to Emily’s detail above, you can find more information here. I see you’ve also logged a request with our Product Adoption team, if you haven’t already, don’t forget to use the scheduling link sent to book time with them to discuss in more detail! Happy InfoFlex-ing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is there a way to copy the data only (no MDX or formulas) from one budget version to another to be able to tweak the budget? The goal is to leave all formulas intact for next year’s budget, but be able to modify at a detail level via data entry to accommodate anomalies or specific items. We have a version for Budget (set up with formulas) and one for Budget Data Entry (for making micro adjustments); however, Infoflex does not seem to permit a copy of values only. For the accounts set up with MDX formulas, a warning is generated that data does not exist in the fact table and those accounts are blank/zero after the process is complete.

1 Like

Hi Brandy, for this you could

1. Export data into a flat file (txt or csv) from the Budget version, using the Export Data process
  2. Import data into the Budget Data Entry version, using the Import process

With an Export process, it creates the output from all accounts (including formulas). This way, you are creating a flat file of all the data, which in your Budget Data Entry version, you can import into as raw data.

Hope this helps,
Navin

3 Likes