Adding Images to Dashboards?

Has anyone else attempted to upload or use images (GIF, JPEG, HTML etc.) on the dashboards in either the iFrame tool or as part of an Announcement?

I’d like to create a standard “image” such as an GIF, JPEG, HTML with an updated message for my users that “pops” with some color to draw their attention (maybe the company logo, etc.) that I can provide a direct link to after uploading into Prophix. Each month I hope to overwrite this file with a new file (new message) with the same file name, thus updating the image the users see the next time they open their desktop. Do I already use Announcements tool to notify users of things? Yes, but to be honest nothing on the pane draws their attention and thus many of my users breeze past it looking for their reports.

I’ve tried uploading GIF, JPEG, and HTML versions of a single page document without success as I get a message that the file type is not recognized or the iFrame won’t link to it once uploaded.

Any ideas?

Jerry T.

Hi @jerry.thomas,

Interesting question! Believe it or not, I haven’t gotten this one before.
We had one of our consultants try this internally (uploading a GIF to an iFrame and it worked seamlessly.)

We used this one:

Just note, when you upload a GIF to an iFrame, you have to make sure you take the direct link to the GIF.

Let me know if this works or if you have any questions.

2 Likes