Virtual Summit Preview Chat - Make Data Matter

I’m excited to see your presentation! I definitely struggle with leadership support, having time to test data, and getting people to be comfortable with doing things a different way!

1 Like

Interested to hear how you overcome leadership support/politics as a struggle

1 Like

Trickiest part seems to be the granularity of the data to import. I picked what I thought made sense, but I do get the odd request that goes one level lower than that, so I have to go back to the initial data. While this takes additional time as opposed to if I had it already uploaded, there’s also some challenges/costs (though less since we’re all cloud) to importing at a lower level.

1 Like

Hello Emily, I would love to pick your mind about how you thought about and mapped out your cubes.

3 Likes

We have not started using Prophix yet, as we are still setting up our new software system. But I look forward to learning and keeping all this in mind.

1 Like

@emily.anauo, you did great today at the conference. Loved seeing your stuff in action.

3 Likes

Thank you! I felt like I fumbled through it!

You won’t regret selecting Prophix!

Hi! Please send me a message with your email sddr as and we can connect.

I continue to push back, provide industry statistics and articles that support my case, provide organization specific information, etc. And…I never let up!

2 Likes

I think that understanding comes with time and experience. I personally ask to sit in on as many meetings as I can to hear what is being discussed. Being in the loop on complex issues helps me to serve my end users.

1 Like

Automated processes are key! I maintain several mapping lookups as well that automated the reports that I get from other systems. Then it makes things much easier to import into Prophix,.

1 Like

I think that is pretty much everyone’s biggest hurdle!

Hi Emily! Please let me know if you end up connecting with Deborah :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi! If you want any further information to expand on the Kronos data imports, please let me know!

1 Like

I have certain cubes that use the finest detail possible and others that use a more summaried view. This allows me to accommodate random requests like this.

3 Likes

My biggest comeback is to say this…“if, the static/metric/report etc is important to the organization, please allow me the time to work on it.”. I share my thought process and workflow files with the requestor and insist that they work with me on the initial thought process and map it out before I even start building a cube.

2 Likes

Hi! I would definitely wait until after you have finished implementation. Make sure that you understand those cubes and how they work. Then take some time to figure out where you want your data to go. Please do reference my CEWS from last October. If you would like my handout with my thought process, send me a message!

1 Like

In my experience, analysts are always worried that they are going to break something. I always start out any training session by stating that they cannot break it. Also, someone has to be really motivated to get into the system and use trial and error to get what they want out of the software! Not every analyst thinks this way.

2 Likes

Hello! If you want further information on this, please let me know.

At the beginning of each budget season, I start with a clean import of all of our current staff. That would be way too many lines to enter manually!